Monday 29 December 2014

What I'm Loving: December 2014

Dec 2014 IG
Photos from my Instagram account

I hope you've all had a lovely week surrounded by friends and family, regardless of whether you celebrate Christmas or not. It's come to that time again where I share my favourites from the past month, but this one's special - it's the last one of 2014! I'm not really one for New Year's resolutions, but at this time of year I can't help but think about the year ahead. Hopefully 2015 treats you all good too!

What I've Been Up To:
A two week break from work and uni has meant that I've thrown myself into the festive spirit, and spent a fair amount of time knitting in front of Christmas movies, eating as much chocolate as I can get away with, and spending time with loved ones. The break had given me time to crack on with a few projects I've been meaning to do for a while, as well as plan a few more. Hopefully I'll be posting about some of them soon.

Tights Geometric Jacket

What I've Been Wearing:
Obviously tights are a necessity in the middle of December, and the pair I always go to are M&S's Body Sensor Tights. Since discovering these tights last winter, I haven't worn another brand since. They fit perfectly (no awkward pulling up), really do keep your legs warm, yet are not too bulky at the same time. I bought a new pack of them to see me through this winter - I really can't recommend these enough. This oversized geometric jacket has been another go-to piece this month, because layering is the only guaranteed way to stay warm. I bought it from a local catalogue clearance shop for a bargainous £9.99. It's the most oversized thing I've ever bought (I could fit at least two of me in it!), but that makes it all the more cosy. Best worn with skinny jeans and a pair of Chelsea boots for ultimate comfort.

What I'm Listening To:
After hearing Take me to Church on a shop playlist this month, I bought Hozier's debut album on a whim (seriously behind the times here!). I'm really enjoying the bluesy guitars and soulful vocals on tracks like To Be Alone and Work Song, but there are also more surprisingly upbeat songs included (see Sedated and Jackie and Wilson). I'm not usually one for country music of any kind (sorry, Dolly!), and whilst this definitely has a fair share of country influences, I still find myself happily tapping my foot along to the beat. This album is set to be my soundtrack of the coming winter.

What I've Bookmarked:
I'm always on the lookout for quirky Instagram accounts, and one of my favourites at the moment is Waiting Dogs. No explanation needed as to the content, it gives my IG feed the quota of cute it needs!

Grace wrote one of the most refreshing posts on blogging that I've read in a looong time. Forget posts telling you how to gather more page views or followers, this is what blogging should really be about.

As much as I love posting content online, Maddie reminded me how much I love journalling my thoughts in a private notebook. I think I'll be trying to use my trusty journal more in the coming year.


So, farewell 2014 - you've been an interesting year, and I'm thankful for all the good things which have happened. I'd love to hear what your highlight of the past year has been, or if you've got anything planned for the year ahead! Keep your eyes peeled for a post dedicated to my goals for 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment