Sunday 30 November 2014

What I'm Loving: November 2014

What I'm Loving: November 2014
Photos from my Instagram
November has sped by at an alarming rate, and I'm ashamed to say that I've only just started to think about Christmas! I've been using the dark evenings as an excuse to start new boxsets, drink copious amounts of nutella hot chocolate, and prepare for new craft projects. Most of these being based around the winter ahead, but any excuse for anything jumper related is good for me!


What I'm Loving: November 2014

What I've Been Up To
I had my first turkey dinner of the festive season this week, and whilst it felt like a little early to be pulling crackers and passing the cranberry sauce, I enjoyed it very much. It gave me the kick I needed to get into the Christmas spirit and start planning ahead. I'm planning a couple of weeks of shopping, combined with multiple café breaks (Costa's Christmas menu, anyone?).

My crochet flowers have been multiplying gradually, rather than rapidly, but it's nice to know I'm making progress. I'm still a long way off the amount that I need for a skirt, but I'm hoping to have it finished just in time for Spring (and no tights!).

Outfit: Vintage Gren Dress

What I've Been Wearing
This green vintage dress is the new star of my wardrobe (a big thanks to my Momma for picking it up spontaneously). It's the perfect colour combo for upcoming festivities, and the fact that it's on the larger side means that I have extra room for more dessert (win!). I've been wearing it in the daytime too, with a pair of tights (natch) and these new to me Clarks boots, which have replaced my much beloved (and worn) Topshop brogue boots.

I'm in the process of trying to colour coordinate my wardrobe more, and am trying to identify the colours that both suit me and that I enjoy wearing. Dark green is one colour that will definitely be featuring, as well as navy, pastel pink, and my beloved greys. Hopefully this will make putting together outfits a lot easier for me, but is also useful to consider when making clothes, because ideally I want to be making things that fit right into place in my wardrobe. I'll be keeping you posted!

What I've Bookmarked
Want to drop a not so subtle hint to the Santa in your life? If you're a fan of Pinterest, you'll love The Greedy Book; an online place to store all your virtual wishlists, and then invite people to look at them. Be warned: once you start, you won't be able to stop - even if you're just creating fantasy wishlists for yourself. So long, free time.

I recently discovered With Grace & Guts on Tumblr, and as someone who is looking to improve their photography skills, it serves as a constant inspiration. Some of the most breath-taking lifestyle photographs are collated together in one place, and I guarantee it will make you want to become besties with your camera stat.

This kooky illustrated guide to learning how to play the ukulele reminded me how much I would love to be able to play an instrument. At the moment however, I think I'll be content with admiring the more musically gifted people around me. Never say never...


What have you been up to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment