Sunday 25 May 2014

What I'm Wearing: Florals and a Dungaree Dress

OOTD Floral Blouse and Dungaree Dress

I honestly have no idea how I coped before I bought a dungaree dress. It has opened up so many possibilities for the number of tops and blouses I have, and I can wear it both summer and winter. It's such a hardworking little number that you'll find me wearing it on a regular basis, without becoming bored of it.

OOTD Floral Blouse and Dungaree Dress

Dungaree Dress - Primark | Floral Blouse - Vintage | Shoes - Vintage

I'm not really into the whole 90's resurgence thing that's happening at the moment, so most pairs of dungarees I see make me wince. Surprisingly, though, Primark has a rather good selection of denim at the moment, and once you rummage through the numerous pairs of skinny-jean-dungarees, there are some fairly classy pieces. I bought this dress last year, and they still have the same design in stock. Personally, I think of this dungaree dress as having a far more 70's vibe about it, but that's fine by me. It also has large pockets, which was a deal maker. 

This blouse has been in my possession for so long now, that it's very nearly a member of my immediate family. It's an old Windsmoor one that I picked up in a second hand shop years ago, for probably about £3ish. At the time, I probably wouldn't have believed that it would become such a wardrobe staple for me. I love floral patterns, and have more floral blouses than I'd care to mention. As far as I'm concerned though, they will probably come and go, for this floral blouse is the one. It features so many colours that I can wear it with a lot of my wardrobe, and the black background means that it never strays into garish territory. The flounce and princess sleeves are very feminine, and make it a great top for layering under jumpers or dresses. 

I've spoken about these red mary-janes before, and I'm still in love with them. I like that they pick out the red in my floral blouse and make the look seem a bit more 'put together'. They are exactly the right heel height as well; enough of a heel to make me feel elegant, but not so much that I cannot walk in them. I am crazy accident prone, so I don't want to tempt fate. 

OOTD Floral Blouse and Dungaree Dress

In the past few days, this look has usually been completed by soaking wet hair and streaked make-up, on account of me not carrying a coat or umbrella. Although I should probably come to expect thunder showers on perfectly sunny days by now, right?

What are the most versatile pieces in your wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment