Saturday 31 May 2014

Thrifty Finds- No. 2

Pineapple Necklace

It's that time again - my newest hoard of second hand treasures has been building up over the past couple of weeks, so I'll share some of my latest favourites with you.

Pineapples seem to be having a bit of a moment, and give the perfect vibe for the upcoming summer. So when I found this adorable enamelled pineapple necklace for £1, I figured that it would be an ideal purse saving, summery fix. I love that the pendant is kooky enough to make a statement, yet at the same time is small and delicate enough to be worn with pretty much anything. This necklace is neither particularly old or expensive, but I still love it nevertheless. It's a subtle way to unleash my inner Carmen Miranda.

Vintage Sewing Patterns

When my all time favourite charity shop had an influx of vintage sewing patterns, I could have gone overboard and walked away with all of them. It was with great restraint that I only walked away with eight (just!). For the mere price of £1.30, I picked up a selection of patterns, the majority from the 60's. They are quite scary to look at, as the pattern pieces are marked with the equivalent of morse code! However, it might be worth the struggle when the end results look particularly amazing. Amongst the cream of the crop are this 60's mini dress, this 50's prom dress (*swoon*) and this teenager's cape (which I'm hopefully planning to resize).

Vintage Postbox Tin

This postbox shaped money box charmed it's way into my heart. Sure, it's hardly in pristine condition, but in my opinion that simply means that it has been well loved by it's previous owner. Old tins are one of my favourite ways to store my things, whether it be craft supplies, stationary or make up. They are surprisingly roomy, and I think look prettier than plain plastic boxes. I also think that presenting small gifts in vintage tins is a sweet idea, as the container is a gift in itself. I think I'll be using my postbox tin to keep my daily pieces of jewellery in when they are not being worn.

What are your recent favourite finds?

No comments:

Post a Comment