Wednesday 2 April 2014

Mid-Week Treat: Kitten And Puppy Nail Stickers for £1

Happy Wednesday, one and all. I was all ready to go sans tights today, when the weather decided to rain (quite literally) on my parade. Instead, I had to get my kicks from some kooky cute nail art, so I decided to try out my latest thrifty find.

Kitten and Puppy Nail Stickers

Kitten and Puppy Nail Stickers

These kitten and puppy nail stickers come from Poundland - no prizes for guessing that they cost £1. They instantly reminded me of a free gift I might have had once upon a time from Girl Talk, so my inner 5 year old loved them. No manicure is truly great unless it has a cat of some kind involved, right? My instant thought was "ooh - raining cats and dogs nails", but alas, my nail painting skills leave a lot to be desired. So a simpler design was in order.

Polka dots and Kittens Nail Art

Polka dots and Kittens Nail Art

In order to avoid the whole "tweenager on the way to a school disco in the 90s" look, I limited myself to one sticker on an accent nail. With polka dots, because polka dots can make anything look chic, amiright? Except maybe disco pants. Can anything make disco pants chic? 

I'm hoping the end result is more Zooey Deschanel than crazy cat lady. Could I get away with wearing my cat print cardigan at the same time?

Polka dots and Kittens Nail Art

Polka dots and Kittens Nail Art

My polka dots were supposed to look this squiffy, honest ;) 

Even if I don't use them all too often, they are great fun considering they were only £1. They would also make a cute gift tucked inside of a letter or card. Treat yourself to a purrfect manicure, or let a friend know that they're the cat's whiskers (mega cringe, sorry).

I'd love to see any cat nail art anybody's done. Any other products you'd recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment