Wednesday 23 April 2014

Mid-Week Treat: The £1 Eyebrow Pencil


MUA Eyebrow Pencil Review £1

When I think about it, me and my eyebrows have been through a lot. From generally worrying about their bushiness, to the first time I plucked them (ow!), going through an over plucking stage, and letting them grow back out again. I've actually got to a stage where I'm actually comfortable with my eyebrows, which means a lot coming from someone who used to pluck them everyday (I'm not actually joking). Yep, I still have moments where I panic that they are not symmetrical, but I've come a long way with them.

One thing that has definitely helped in my acceptance of my eyebrows, is using an eyebrow pencil. I like my eyebrows to look natural, but using an eyebrow pencil just to enhance the shape of my eyebrows and to fill in any sparse areas means that I rarely have any 'bad eyebrow' days.

Recently, my favourite No7 eyebrow pencil broke - eep! - and I was a little heartbroken. I knew I needed a new one pronto, and in the spirit of being a cheapskate thrifty, I decided I'd give a budget one a chance.

MUA Eyebrow Pencil Review £1

This one cost me the grand total of £1, and it is from the MUA range at Superdrug. I have to admit, it draws on a lot thicker than I was expecting - the first time I used it I felt like K K Slider (geeky reference, sorry) - but now I'm used to it, I can't actually notice much difference from my old No7 one. It even has a brush on one end like my old one! If anything, the colour of the MUA one is better, as the No7 brunette colour was actually quite red, and not brown enough for me personally.

MUA Eyebrow Pencil Review £1

I've heard quite a few people recommending eyebrow shadows, so that might be the next step on my eyebrow adventure.

Any products for eyebrows that you would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment