Friday 21 March 2014

DIY Zip Cuff - Mark Two

Remember my original zip cuff? This is one of those ideas that I cannot stop experimenting with; whether I'm using brightly coloured zips, contrast metal zips, or trying out different fastenings. This is my most recent effort, and is one I'm particularly pleased with.

DIY Zip Cuff

DIY Zip Cuff

This time around, I used a normal zip, but instead fastened it using poppers that were put in using my hole punch/pliers from Home Bargains. This type of fastening feels particularly secure, and has yet to become unfastened when I am wearing this zip cuff.

DIY Zip Cuff

Just remember to put your poppers facing the right way, so that they will meet.

DIY Zip Cuff

I like to wear mine with the zip half done up, to show how the zip will fasten and unfasten. They look great as part of an 'arm party' too. Do you think I could get away with wearing several all at once? :)

Have you made any zip cuffs? Any techniques you'd suggest?

No comments:

Post a Comment