Thursday 16 January 2014

Why Not try to DIY



Here are some more musings from my DIY daydreams... and possibly my pinterest board. 
upcycled vintage watches LOVE THIS
Source


I can't believe that I've never thought of this incredibly simple, yet adorable idea before. I am a little (read: very) obsessed with watches, clocks or timepieces of any kind, so this is right up my street. This would be an ideal thing to do with all those beautiful, but alas, broken, vintage watches that keep tempting my purse strings. All you'd have to do is take the back off the watch, remove the innards and place a photo behind the glass. You could also use the watch innards to make jewellery from (nice bonus!).
Cute mittens
Source

Looking through my pinterest board at the moment, it's clear to see that I'm feeling the cold. If I had a pair of mittens as lovely as these though, I don't think I'd mind. It would be very easy to buy a pair of plain mittens and pimp them up, using fabric scraps, fabric paint or whatever else tickles your fancy. I might have to investigate into the possibility of using an existing mitten pattern and adapting it in order to knit a pair. If I do, I'll keep you posted!



I came across this rather beautiful bag in a local shopping centre, and it got me thinking about envelopes (as you do). You could use some plain fabric (and an envelope as a template) to fashion your own "envelopes". You could then sew them onto the front of a bag to make pockets, or even just use it on it's own, as a purse or clutch bag. How sweet would it be to embroider a special address on the back? Ooh, I have some fabric with an envelope pattern on somewhere...  Watch this space...

Have you ever tried any projects similar to these? I'd love to hear from you if you have!


No comments:

Post a Comment