Thursday 12 December 2013

How to: Christmas Wordsearch Wrapping Paper

If you're like me, you're only just seeing the end of your Christmas gift shopping in sight (I still have a few more things I need to get, but nothing too major). But what then? Figuring out how to wrap your presents, of course. I usually buy a gift bag and lump everything in together - a saviour for lazy gift givers like me. This year though, I might try and be a bit more organised and wrap my presents before putting them in gift bags. Naturally, I thought of making my own wrapping paper, and here's one way I'll be making some of my wrapping paper this year.






























I wanted this wrapping paper to look a bit different to the normal, conventional wrapping paper you see in the shops. I wanted something a bit more striking, and the idea hit me to make one out of a wordsearch featuring Christmassy words.

You'll need to use a free wordsearch generator on the web (there are gazillions out there) and type in as many festive words as you can dream up. Then print it out. This wrapping paper is better for tinier (but more expensive) presents, unless you have an A3 printer, and then you can go mad and use it on everything.



Then use scissors to cut out the wordsearch part of your paper.


Use brightly coloured pens to highlight some of the words in the wordsearch. Until doing this, I had forgotten how bad I am at doing wordsearches.



Now the final step - wrap your presents!



And you're finished! I'll be using this to wrap the more tinier of my presents, especially small pieces of jewellery and makeup.

Let me know if you try this, or if you have any more ideas for handmade wrapping paper - I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment