Tuesday 12 November 2013

Why Not Try To DIY?

Just another quick round up of cool DIY ideas I've found on the web (okay, okay, mainly pinterest).

1. Flash Disk Notebook


Floppy Disk Notebook
Source
I love notebooks, so it's no surprise I'm in love with this idea. I'm not even sure whether you can still buy flash disks, but I'm going to keep an eye out for some from now on.
 
 
2. Daisy Brogues
Daisy Brogues
Source
 
I think what I love about these shoes is the juxtaposition between the mega-masculine brogues and the girly pretty daisies. This could easily be done with some leather offcuts cut into flower shapes and then inserted into the brogues using split pins.
 
 


 
3. HAMA Bead Necklace
 
HAMA bead necklace
Source
Who remembers HAMA beads? They were my favourite thing when I was young, and I mainly made ponies and cats. I love this necklace, although I was never that good at coming up with my own designs!
 
4. Piano Bookshelf

 
Piano Bookshelf
Source
 
I need to find a way to do this. It combines two of my favourite things: books and pianos! Something on this scale is probably beyond  my capabilities, but I'll never stop dreaming of you, perfect bookshelf!
 
Any ideas you've come across recently that you're desperate to try out? Let me know if you've ever tried anything similar to these!

No comments:

Post a Comment