Monday 18 November 2013

How to: Zip Cuff

This is inspired by some zip-bracelets that I found in Home Bargains (and perhaps Zippy). It got me thinking about whether I could make bracelets from real zips, and once an idea is planted in my mind, I have to at least try it. This is the result!

 
It was important to me that the zip should open and close (er, like a zip). I just really liked the idea of a zip bracelet that still functioned as a zip. You'll need to find a zip that's just the right length to fit around your wrist, so hunt around for the perfect one. Choose one in a snazzy colour too!


You'll need one set of poppers as well. Sew one to the outside of one end, and the other to the inside of the other end.



Annnd you're done! Easy peasy lemon squeezy! Wear on it's own or stack with a load of other bracelets.


Let me know if you try this! In other news, I'm in the process of changing the look of things here. Bare with me - I'm facing up to my fear of HTML.

No comments:

Post a Comment