Monday 21 October 2013

How to: Vintage Dice Necklace

I love board games. Particularly old ones that are rather sweet in the way that they lack complete relevance to modern day entertainment. I came across a vintage game that involved using dice for adding up (maths? noooooooo!), but I honestly didn't really understand the instructions. Instead I was thinking "Ooh! Lovely wooden dice! Necklaces, bracelets, earrings..." So, here's how I turned one dice into a necklace charm (no maths involved, promise!):

You Will Need:

Dice Necklace Instructions

  • Wooden Dice (look out for ones with novelty pictures instead of dots)
  • Jump screw
  • Necklace
  • Pliers
  • Jump ring
Depending on how you want your dice to hang, think about where to insert your jump screw. I chose a corner. Screw your jump screw in using your pliers (use a small drill to start you off if necessary).




Attach to your necklace using a jump ring, and wear it on day when you feel you might need a little luck.


I've made a playlist for this project too. I've been thinking about doing this for some projects for a while, and now I've finally got round to it. Ta da!

Any other ideas on how to use wooden dice? I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment