Wednesday 11 September 2013

Mid Week Treat: Bunny Night Light

OK, I'll admit it. I do not understand scented candles. There.

I sometimes feel that I should be into the whole scented candles thing - after all, the idea of them sounds quite nice. Light a few in your bathroom, bedroom, living room, whatever, and then relax and unwind to the peaceful glow and soothing fragrance. It doesn't really happen like that though, does it? Firstly, I am clumsy (read: very clumsy) and having an open flame anywhere near me is generally not a good idea (in an unrelated story, I once stuck my glue gun to the table - oops!). Secondly, I find most scented candles too overwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I love a good perfume, but some candles just give me a niggling headache. So, here's my alternative:

 
 
Yep, these are night lights, and whilst they're hardly the most grown-up or sophisticated things, I'm rather taken with them. I can put them on at night if I'm listening to music or a podcast, and they do give off a relaxing vibe. My bedside light is quite bright, so these are a nice alternative.


 
 
I've had the owl for a while, but this rabbit is a fairly new addition to my bedside table. It cost £2.99 from Home Bargains (a lot cheaper than some of the high end scented candles), and while for me, they provide a nice distraction from my overflowing jewellery tray, I also think that these would make a charming buy for a nursery or children's bedroom.

Is anybody else not too keen on scented candles? Or are you a Yankee Candle fan all the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment