Sunday 15 September 2013

LFW 2013: DIY Inspiration

While the weather where I live has certainly taken a turn for the worse (yesterday I broke out my huge winter parka), this weekend in London, the fash pack were looking forward to what we'd all be wearing in Spring/Summer 2014 (just me, or does that seem miles away?). Although I wasn't there in person, I've seen most of the shows online, in the lovely warmth of my own home. I must admit I've got a pile of unfinished DIY projects which I'm slowly making my way through, but that didn't stop me from thinking how I could DIY me some of the lovely things at LFW. Here's a few of my ideas...


Source

The Jasper Conran show consisted of lovely 50s and 60s inspired dresses, but it was the collars that got me excited. I'm going to look for the perfect shirt in a second hand shop, which I can cut the collar off and wear with pretty much everything.


Source

I'm instinctively drawn to anything with an oriental twist, so the L'Wren Scott was right up my street. My sewing skills aren't quite up to scratch yet, so I can't see me creating a gorgeous silk dress any time soon. However, I am totally going to attach some tassels to my pair of white sandals come next summer.



Source

The Holly Fulton show made me very happy indeed, as it means I can continue to wear my favourite colour combination - blue and white - well into next year. The top part of this dress would be very easy to replicate - simply sew white buttons of various sizes onto a blue background.



Source

Like most crafters out there, I have a stash of fabric that is threatening to take over my wardrobe. I have small scraps of fabric which are too tiny to do much with, but are too beautiful to throw away. I love the idea of getting a white top and doing asymmetrical patchwork on it, and it would be perfect for using up my off cuts of fabric. I also like the paint splattered effect on the other side, which could be done so easily with fabric paint.


Source

The Orla Kiely show was my favourite of the weekend. The collars, pretty dresses, berets, animal motifs... I wanted it all. I was particularly intrigued by the origami animal bags and purses. I have no idea how I would DIY one of these, but I'm certainly going to look into it!

Were you lucky enough to attend LFW this year? What were your favourite shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment